South African Society for Animal Science
Welcome to SASAS
The South African Society for Animal Science (SASAS) is a home for animal scientists that work in a broad spectrum of the agricultural industry, including the livestock industry, animal scientists performing research and training at universities or research institutions and animal scientists with a keen interest in the various disciplines of the animal sciences.
SASAS has various activities to serve the members of the Society including the South African Journal of Animal Science (SAJAS) that provides a platform for local and international animal scientists to publish their scientific research in a peer-reviewed journal. SAJAS has a dedicated editor to ensure an effective process for publishing high quality and relevant research to Southern Africa and subtropical regions of the world.
The Society is the designated voluntary organisation recognised by the SA Council for Natural Science Professions (SACNSP) (Act 27 of 2003) who is responsible for issues regarding registration of scientists among others as well as the management of CPD and mentorship of young animal scientists.
SASAS is 50 years old and has recently celebrated this milestone at a successful 50th Congress in Port Elizabeth with more than 350 delegates. The Society has been able to demonstrate resilience over 50 years and will continue to embrace new technology and to share and apply animal science knowledge to benefit mankind.
Este Van Marle-Köster
Prof E van Marle-Köster
New on the Website
- The book of abstracts from the 50th SASAS Congress (2017) now available on the Congress page
- Implementation of Continuing Professional Development for Animal Scientists (CPD)
- A couple of topics have been uploaded on the SASAS blog and members registered on the website are invited to comment.
Now available in the member's section:
- For the nomination of Council Members for 2018-2010 "sign in on the website and go to Ïnformation and documentation".
- The April 2018 issue of Communique are now available under Newsletter.